Peter Justin obtained a Bachelor Degree (BSc. Hons) in Forestry from University of Juba in South Sudan and Master Degree in Environmental Science and Technology from UNESCO’s International Institute for Infrastructural, Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering (UNESCO-IHE) in Delft in The Netherlands. For his bachelor degree, he developed a working plan for management of Beldong Forest reserve in Darfur region in Sudan under the title, ‘Ten years working plan for Beldong Forest Reserve’; and for the Master degree his research project was titled ‘Agro Forestry as an Environmental approach in developing countries, with special reference to Sudan’.
After obtaining his bachelor degree, Peter was enrolled as a Teaching Assistant in Upper Nile University. In addition to his teaching assignments, he was given administrative roles as Examination Officer at the Faculty of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences. After obtaining his Masters Degree, Peter worked for a number of research institutions in The Netherlands, and later on in South Sudan. Peter got enrolled for the PhD programme in February 2011, for a period of four year.
- March 2017 – Date: Consultant/ Advisor: British Council’s EU Funded Access to Justice Programme – South Sudan
- 2014 – date: Independent consultant. Contracted by various NGOs and Institutions (including AECOM – USAID, ODI – DFID, & BC – DFID)
- February 2011 – date: PhD Candidate; the University of Wageningen and affiliated to the African Studies Center in Leiden, The Netherlands.
- September 2008 – December 2010: Program Coordinator; ‘Oil and Peace in Sudan’. A joint project between the European Coalition on Oil in Sudan and the Sudan Council of Churches
- April 2006 – August 2008: Research Assistant; Berenschot consultancy, Utrecht, the Netherlands
- September 2005 – March 2006: Research Assistant, Stichting Mondiale Samenleving (SMS). Soesterberg, The Netherlands.
- 2002 – August 2005: IT help desk, Volksuniversiteit, Nieuwegein; The Netherlands
- September 1996 – September 1999: Teaching Assistant, Upper Nile University. Malakal, South Sudan.